「Shouganai Yume Oibito」 PV

Monday, April 20, 2009

Dohhh! UP had put Shouganai Yume Oibito's PV on their site last night. Here's my short review which basically focus on the lyrics, storyline and the way the girls expressed themselves in the PV.
(Click for Dohhh! UP link to the PV)

The PV started off with the girls somewhere which looks they had placed a poster behind them to make it look as though they are on a location shot.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
She looks like some fengshui master.
So it was a nice start off for the PV with the girls looking dejected which was suitable for the lyrics and feel of the song.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Scenes of the girls flipping through books were then shown, probably the easiest way to express the fact that the student aura in them for this song. Thank god our little turtle hates reading. She can kill millions with that look while reading.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I'm actually pretty happy with all the extensions and hairstyles Morning Musume had for this PV with exception of Aichan's hair in the dance shot. When I watched the LQ PV 2 days before, perhaps it because of the LQ, it made her look like some old hag. But she looks gorgeous in those non-dance shot scenes.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Eri looks really sexy when she bites her finger in the dance shot.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
A scene whereby Eri sees Gaki-san walking out of the elevator. I was wondering what this part actually means. Is this the last night part or the obstacle part? Well, either way, I like the amount of Ojou3-ness in this PV. It shows that the staff/arranger recognises the strong bond between Gaki-san, Eri and Sayu.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Another thing I'll like to point out is Reina's hair. I've always complained about Reina's hairstyle being the same in PVs but this time round, I can't. She has got a bun tied up nicely on her head which reminded me of the dango hairstyle Gaki-san had in MM DVD Vol.16, the same one which Reina had laughed at, lol. She's looking good in this though. In fact I'm satisfied with all the Reina's shots. She looks adorable in most of them and that pretty much surprised me, cos' I hardly praise Reina for being cute.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
洋服にアイロンしてる手に涙が落ちてゆく
That's Eri's solo line for these screencaps. She nailed it perfectly and made the correct expressions for it. One thing I always look out for when watching PVs is expression. Members like Sayu, Eri and Aika have their own unique ways of expressing themselves, making the whole scenerio of the PV real. Gaki-san too, has a great talent in expressing herself, but sometimes she looks lusty > pitiful.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I personally prefer Sayu's "Shouganai Yume Oibito" line over Aichan's and Reina's. The 3 of them sang the line well, but it was probably Sayu's voice that could make me feel "I can't do anything" rather then "It can't be helped" which was the type of feeling that Aichan and Reina had gave me. Also, Aichan's strong and powerful voice had made some parts of the song sound arrogant, which shouldn't be so from what I can hear in the lyrics. But well, she does sound awesome and I believe we can't really make her change her lovely voice.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Going back to the elevator scene, Eri flashes a sweet smile to Gaki-san and we'll see Gaki-san leaving with a satisfied smile. I was actually wondering if it was to answer to the lyrics that asked if they'll have the blessing to be together after their boyfriends' dreams have been fufilled. Scenes of GAKIKAME and JunLin smiling were played, but also with scenes of Koharu running alone and Aika with a depressed look on her face. So looks like there were happy and sad endings eh?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Again, this glare can kill millions.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Despite being 22, I can see the innocence of a highschooler in Aichan's eyes which marked the ending of the PV. A nice way to end indeed.

Overall, I'll rate this PV 8/10. It wasn't as random as Resonant Blue's Another Version PV which did not make sense. The storyline follows the script and scenerio, making it relevant and of some significance. The outfits the girls were given looked good but I think it'd have been better if they didn't give Linlin that dress and gave her something that looked more like a university student. She looks good in the pink outfit though. All hairstyles looked good but as I've mentioned, I'm not a fan of Aichan's hairstyle in the dance shot. Expressions were beyond my expectations with the exception of one or two scenes.

As for the song, I'm not one who knows a lot about music. All I know are the keys and beats, nothing much so I can't really give comments on the music itself. Even though the lyrics sound really Tsunku-ish (Its pretty similar to the past songs he have been producing), at least it wasn't as crappy as before. I like how Gaki-san and Eri's lines come after one another's because of how their voices actually bland well together. Also, I can easily picked out the lines of 8th generation unlike before whereby I have to strain my ears to listen to them in the background. Even though I'm complimenting this song, but it just can't seem to have the Naichau Kamo effect on me. When I heard Naichau Kamo I was totally crazy for the song even though it isn't as nice as Shouganai Yume Oibito. Wonder why..
But I'll probably get the limited A and B edition of this single.

PS. Do pay attention to Sayu's lines. She showed great improvement in handling her lines.